Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:30 AM
District Mineral Foundation (DMF)
In order to synchronise and proper utilization of the funds, the state Government of Odisha is planning the inter-departmental transfer its “District Mineral Foundation (DMF)” from planning and convergence to Steel and Mines department.
Brief About District Mineral Foundation (DMF)
District Mineral Foundation (DMF) was established under the umbrella of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) MMDR. DMF is not-for-profit organization, working towards benefits of people affected by mining-related operations, as specified by the State Government. Its mode of operations, scope of functions, and interest comes under the jurisdiction of the State Government.
The variety versions of DMF protocols and PMKKKY support and guidelines address high priority concerns of the District Mineral Foundations including …
- Fresh Drinking water.
- Health Watch.
- Implement Women and child welfare.
- Provision for Basic Education.
- Create Livelihood and provide skill development.
- Welfare of old/aged member of community and disabled.
- Appropriate Sanitation.
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY)
The charter of the this programme/scheme is to provide means of welfare for the regions and people adversely affected by the mining related operations, utilising the funds collected under District Mineral Foundation (DMFs)
Purpose of the scheme:***
- Implementation of wide variety of welfare and development schemes/programs in the regions adversely affected by the mining operations in the region, in association with existing ongoing programs/projects of state and central government.
- The evaluate the adverse impact of mining in the region, and implement policies to minimize/mitigate the impacts on environment, local communities, and address the socio-economic issues in the mining districts.
- To provide sustainable livelihood for the communities affected in the mining regions.