Monday, January 14, 2019 3:30 AM
In the recent event held by Minority Affairs Ministry, Mr. Arun Jaitley (Finance Minister of India) inaugurated the Hunar Haat at State Emporium Complex in national capital New Delhi.
Brief Information About Hunar Haat.
- Hunar Haat is arranged by the Ministry of Minority Affairs systematically under the scheme USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development)
- The objective of the USTTAD Scheme is to maintain and promote/encourage the traditional rich heritage of Arts & Crafts of the Minority Communities of India. This scheme or the programme is of major national importance to the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Significance of Hunar Haats
- Due to the platforms provided for marketing of the Artisans, Craftsmanship, and Culinary expertise of the Minority Community the Hunar Haat has proved to be effective for the Mission Objective* of providing employment and ways to generate income source.
- The scheme Hunar Haats foresee the boosting the traditional skills and expertise of Craftsmanship, Artisans, Culinary experts and Weaving to continue nurture the ancestral work descended down from generations.
Important Links (External)
- Shri Arun Jaitley and Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Inaugurated Hunar Haat in New Delhi.
- ‘Hunar Haat’ proved to be employment exchange for artisans - The Economic Times
- Hunar Haat becoming credible brand for empowerment of artisans - The Indian Express
- Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurated ‘Hunar Haat’ - Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Registration of Artisans / Crafts-persons for participating in Exhibitions - Very Important Link.