Monday, January 14, 2019 3:30 AM
National Youth Parliament Festival 2019
The “National Youth Day 2019” as part of “National Youth Parliament Festival 2019” has launched for the current year 2019.
National Youth Day
- The Yuva Divas (National Youth Day) is marked on January 12th of every year to honour the Birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
- The primary aim is to Spread the views, ideals and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
- Since year 1985, the Yuva Diva has become the important celebration in India to be observed on January 12th i=of every year.
“Be The Voice of New India” and “Find solutions and Contribute to Policy”.
Youth age between 18 years to 25 years are welcome to engage into, the District Youth Parliaments.
The festivals will attract and encourage the Indian youth to engage with common and public issues, understand citizens point of view, think from their mindset, being into their shoes, anticipate their opinion and present these in an effective manner. Most Relevant and articulated voices (opinions) on the common vision of New India shall be apprehend and recorded/documented to make these accessible to policy makers pool to scrutinize and for further development to take it forward.
The “National Youth Parliament Festival 2019” will be held/performed at three levels:
- District Level: District Youth Parliament (DYP).
- State Level: State Youth Parliament (SYP).
- National Level: National Youth Parliament (NYP).
The other two organizations namely “Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan” and “National Service Scheme” shall remain involved in Management and Conduct.
Brief Information - National Service Scheme (NSS)
- The “National Service Scheme” held by **Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The “National Service Scheme” is public service programme, sponsored by the Indian Government.
- This esteemed program was launched in the year 1969, to mark the “Hundredth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi”.
The “University Grants Commission (UGC)” led by Dr. Radhakrishnan put forward the recommendation to inclusion of National Service Scheme into regular academic institution (initiating voluntarily). Firstly this will help develop concrete communication between students and teachers and secondly, establishing positive links between university/college campus.
Brief Information on Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan
- “Nehru Yuva Kendra” was instituted in the 1972
- Later ahead in the year 1987 during the reign of “Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi” it was restructured and instituted as “Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan”